Hey friends!
I got to Boston on Thursday and just had my first day of training, so I’m going to take a break from road trip stories to fill you in. I’ll do some more road trip reminiscing when I have more time.
Derek and I arrived in Boston Thursday evening. Lots of traffic during the drive that day, unfortunately, but we made it to the hotel and checked in. It’s the same hotel that I’m in for the training so I got to check it out a little early. It’s super nice and seems pretty close to a lot of things, although I haven’t gotten explore too much of the area yet.
Derek and I were able to find the cutest little French restaurant nearby called “Petit Robert Bistro.” I thought it was perfect because as some of you may know I had the nickname Little Bob when I was younger… But it was an awesome, delicious restaurant and a perfect place to hang out on our last night before Derek took off.
Then, yesterday was registration for Green Corps. I was SO nervous and also so convinced that I would have the most luggage out of anyone… But so far it’s been really great. The people I’ve met have all been really interesting and fun. I was also a little worried about sharing a tiny little room with three other girls (2 double beds! Ugh!) but so far it’s been fine. I really like all of my roommates and we seem to get along super well so hopefully it lasts!!
Today was the first full day of training. We had a little intro about what we’ll be learning in the training weeks, then we heard about the creation and history of Green Corps, and finally in the afternoon we had a 2.5 hour session on recruitment. I was terrified of recruitment before, but now it doesn’t seem quite as bad… This morning they also gave us a schedule of the training sessions… and a schedule of social events, which I thought was kind of funny… and awesome. ☺
I’m looking forward to the rest of the sessions and getting to know everyone better. It really sounds like it’ll be a fun couple of weeks at training.
I’ll try and keep you posted as often as possible!! We only have one internet chord in our hotel room (seriously what kind of hotel is this??? No wireless? What? And they also are supposed to charge $13 a day for internet!… ridiculous) for four people. Miss you everyone so much!!
Until next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment