Monday, August 3, 2009

Gillette, Wyoming... And you thought the razors were good...

Besides the car trouble, the roadtrip has actually been fantastic. On day 1(.5) the scenery was gorgeous. Montana was beautiful... and they have AMAZINGLY cheap food in Billings (the capitol). We went to Montana Brewing Co. for dinner, exhausted after about 12 hours of driving and a couple more to go, and were shocked that our actually delicious pizza, burger, and two salads were only 20 bucks total!

Then, we hopped back on the highway and continued the next 3 hours to Gillette, Wyoming... Best. Hotel. Ever. It had a water park!! (Little did we know this would become very common in hotels from then on...but at the time it was awesome!) And wonderful mattresses! And perfectly firm pillows! And cool decorations! I've never slept so soundly or fallen asleep so quickly in my life. Fairfield Inn, Gillette. If you're ever passing through, I highly recommend it. They even gave us $20 bucks off for no particular reason at all! I almost went so far as to write a review online... Almost. And the complimentary breakfast was actually decent, minus the fact that they were playing Fox News.

Despite the 15 hours from door to door, day 1.5 was probably the most beautiful portion of the drive we've had so far. Soon, I'll add pictures and tell you about the rest of our days...

Until next time, friends....

1 comment:

blabster said...

You are as corny as Kansas and it is darn cute.